Dilated Peoples Split With Capitol Records; Prepare Solo Projects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dilated Peoples Split With Capitol Records; Prepare Solo Projects

After six years and four successful albums, Dilated Peoples have amicably split from their label, Capitol Records.

"There's a lot of good people at Capitol," Evidence told BallerStatus.net. "But, sometimes those aren't the people that write the checks. However, I'm not bitter; I'm definitely ready to move forward."

The next release from the trio will be a DVD, appropriately titled "The Release Party," through Decon Media. The documentary will include a history of the group, a behind-the-scenes look at the making of their four albums, rare show footage, exclusive songs, and more. All of which will be framed within a storyline, directed by Jason Goldwach, which will segue into their solo careers.

"Dilated Peoples is bigger than me," Evidence explained. "It's bigger than Rakaa and Babu. That's why it's a beautiful platform to launch our solo projects."

Rakaa is currently working on his as yet untitled solo effort, while DJ Babu is putting together Duck Season Vol.3.

Evidence is readying his solo project The Weatherman, a title referencing the nickname fans gave him in his early career. The album will showcase Evidence's lyrics and production skills alongside guests such as Rakaa, Little Brother, Defari, and DJ Revolution, with additional production by The Alchemist, Jake One, and Babu, among others. It is slated for release on March 20 of 2007 on ABB Records.

Evidence is also collaborating with the Alchemist on The A&E Project, which will feature both artists on the boards and behind the mic. The album is expected to drop after The Weatherman, early next year.

"I'm back in the lab, hungry, and ready to go," said Evidence. "Not being under a label and having restrictions is something I've dreamed about -- and that opportunity is finally here. I'm definitely going to make the most of my time and energy."

Although pursuing their solo careers, Evidence maintains that Dilated Peoples is here to stay, with or without a deal.

"We were Dilated before the record deal, and we're still Dilated after the deal," said the rapper. However, they are undecided as to what label they will choose to put their next album out on.

Dilated Peoples will perform at this year's Rock The Bells Festival on August 5.

Source: ballerstatus.net

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X