Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jay-Z On Water Crisis: "I'm Not Just Gon' Go And Do Rap Songs, I Wanna Touch, And May

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jay-Z On Water Crisis: "I'm Not Just Gon' Go And Do Rap Songs, I Wanna Touch, And May

Earlier Today (August 9th) at a press conference at the United Nations building in NYC, Jay-Z downplayed his political ambitions, but assured that he wanted to help bring awareness to the world's water crisis, officially announcing a collaboration with MTV and the UN.

Along with Jay, Secretary-General Kofi Annan and MTV President Christina Norman addressed the press. As part of the collaboration, MTV will document part of Hov's forthcoming world tour for a special edition of the Network Diary series. While the tour is slated to kick off September 9th in Poland, MTV will begin following Jigga in Turkey several dates later. The Diary of Jay-Z: Water for Life will then air November 24th.

"In the beginning when I was going out on a world tour I was going out to play music in places that I haven't played. I said to myself 'I can't go to these places that I haven't been and not go out and see the people.' The people that have been touched by my music for over ten years and the culture, what's going on in these areas," Jay told the press. "From that morphed, 'well I'm not just gon' go and do rap songs. I wanna touch, and maybe help, and see what I can do in these areas.' As I start looking around me, looking at things in ways that I can become helpful, starting at the first thing, water. Something as simple as water."

Annan and Norman hope that a figure of Hov's stature will help bring exposure to the crisis and hopefully get young people involved.

"I'm very pleased to announce today, a groundbreaking collaboration between the United Nations, MTV, [and] Jay-Z to raise awareness about the world's water crisis," Annan offered. "Jay-Z with his enormous influence will inspire young people everywhere to care and join in the search for solutions for our water crisis."

Source: sohh.com

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X