Obie Trice On Getting Shot, "The Detectives Ain't Call Me To Tell Me Shit."

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Obie Trice On Getting Shot, "The Detectives Ain't Call Me To Tell Me Shit."

After a three-year absence, Obie Trice is prepping to drop his sophomore set, Second Rounds On Me. In this SOHH exclusive, Obie talks about BET cock blocking his "Snitch" video and finding the man who shot him last New Year's Eve.

With Obie's "Cry Now" bubbling in the underground and his second single, "Jamaican Girl" soon to hit the airwaves, Obie's album recently leaked. But the Detroit emcee isn't pissed off. According to him, the leak is a good omen.

"Hot items leak. I ain't really too pissed off about it. You got a motherfucker like Johnny Cash selling 85,000 units the first week and it's the number one selling album in the country. It's all about the music to me," Obie told SOHH.com. "They still gotta go and buy the real copies cause they wanna see the photos in the sleeve. They wanna know what I'm talking about in the sleeve. Who did what on the song. You gotta go buy that to get that, so it really wasn't a big deal."

Only weeks before the leak, the album had been pushed back from its June release date to August. Though Second Rounds' first single, "Snitch" was cross promoted on the highly rated "CSI: Crime Scene Investigation" TV series, Trice says video outlets hardly spun the clip.

"It was pushed back cause we was getting played on the visual. MTV wouldn't play 'Snitch.' They had a problem with the whole snitch thing. BET wouldn't play it because Eminem was supposed to do the BET Awards three years consecutively. He didn't do that. BET was like, 'we're not playing none of the Shady videos,'" he revealed. "We had issues that we had to clear up. We didn't wanna put [out] an album with no visual. You not seeing a video on TV, why would you go buy the album. That's why it was pushed back."

Unfortunately, Obie's wig was almost pushed back this past New Year's eve. He was shot in the head in what was initially reported to be a road rage incident in Detroit, MI. Eight months later, no one has been arrested and the police still have no suspect.

"My number is still the same. The detectives ain't call me to tell me shit. They were supposed to have cameras on the freeway. Supposedly the cameras was off. I got a bullet in my head. My shit is a watermelon," Obie shared. "Motherfuckers ain't help me. They ain't did nothing for me. They ain't found the *****. They ain't call me and tell me nothing. I fucking found another slug in my car. They were supposed to take that shit when they took my car and investigate the vehicle. They ain't even take them bullets out. I was hoping to find out on my own before the summer ends. But ain't nobody talking."

Obie Trice's Second Rounds On Me, which features production by Eminem and Akon, and guest spots by Trey Songz, 50 Cent and Trick Trick, is slated to hit stores next Tuesday, August 15.

Source: sohh.com

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X