Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UK Rapper Claims To Hold World Record For Longest Freestyle Rap Over Supernatural

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UK Rapper Claims To Hold World Record For Longest Freestyle Rap Over Supernatural

"I have the World Record for Longest Freestyle Rap," UK-based rapper, Ruffstylz claims.

D.O., a Canadian MC who set the bar at eight hours and forty-five minutes in 2003, previously held the record. Then, last Saturday (August 5), Supernatural broke that record, with a time slightly over nine hours (see:"Rock The Bells Makes Hip-Hop History; Supernatural Breaks World Record").

Contrarily, Ruffstylz claims that he broke D.O.'s record in October of 2003 with a time substantially longer than Supernatural's.

When Ruffstylz initially decided that he wanted to break the World Record for Longest Freestyle Rap, he contacted Guinness World Records (GWR), and was told that D.O. had not in fact set a record through them, but had done so independently. GWR stated that they could not qualify what was freestyle versus previously written raps.

Instead, GWR offered Ruffstylz the opportunity to set the record for Longest Rap Marathon. "But that wasn't the challenge that I wanted," Ruffstylz said. "The challenge I wanted was to go for the World Record for freestyling."

Knowing that his record would not be accepted by GWR, Ruffstylz went ahead anyways. He used the rules distributed to him by GWR for Longest Rap Marathon: to take a fifteen minute break every four hours and never pause for more than thirty seconds.

He ended up freestyling for ten hours and forty-three minutes.

Recently, Ruffstylz learned that GWR had accepted D.O.'s record -– which may mean that Ruffstylz' record could be accepted as well. If so, it would trump Supernatural's record.

GWR was contacted, but no response was given by press time.

Either way, Ruffstylz stated that, "Supernatural may have Guinness, but I still have the World Record."

The UK rapper stated that he even contacted Rock The Bells prior to the event, but was told that they were going with the record that was already accepted by GWR.

Ruffstylz also said that although he did not want anyone to break his record, if he had to pick one rapper to do so, it would have been Supernatural.

Ruffstylz' album, Lyrics, is out now. For more information log onto AssociatedMinds.com.

Source: ballerstatus.net

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X