Alleged Busta Beat Down Victim Tells His Side

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alleged Busta Beat Down Victim Tells His Side

The victim of Busta Rhymes' alleged beat down recounted the incident that lead to the rapper's arrest this past weekend.

As previously reported, Busta (born Trevor Smith) was taken into custody after his Amsterjam Music Festival performance at New York's Randalls Island on Saturday (August 19). The Brooklyn bred rapper was charged with third degree assault for his alleged role in an August 12th beating of a man near New York's GramercyPark after the man spat at his vehicle.

The 19 year old man, who identified himself as Roberto Lebron, admitted to the New York Daily News Monday that he did spit on Busta's car, but it was unintentional.

"Me and my friends were walking across the street. I spit on the street and it landed on a moving car. It was a Maybach. That car stopped, along with two black SUVs," Lebron explained to the Daily News. "People came out and they were walking up to me. We realized it was Busta Rhymes."

"He asked me, 'Homie, did you spit on my car?' I said 'Sorry, I didn't mean to. We're big fans of yours.' That was the last thing I said," Lebron recounted. "One of his people hit me in the face and I fell on the ground and then Busta came over to finish the job."

According to Lebron, Busta and his associates kicked and punched him and then took his Nike sneakers off his feet and tossed them away. The rapper's crew purportedly kept Lebron's three friends from coming to help him and then ran off after about two minutes.

"I guess they got tired of beating me up," said Lebron.

The incident left Lebron with a concussion and a split lip. He plans to file a civil lawsuit this week, according to his lawyer, Gregory Tembeck.

"This is not a case where he was looking to exploit a star," Tembeck told The Daily News. "He was obviously bewildered why he was beaten on the street. Nobody should be subjected to this."

While in custody, the NYPD questioned Rhymes about the February murder of Israel Ramirez, his bodyguard. It is Busta's refusal to cooperate with authorities that his lawyer, Scott Leemon, believed was the police's motivation for booking the rapper.

"He was eligible for a desk appearance ticket. But what happened here is that they put him in the system as a payback," Leemon told reporters after his client's release from custody.

Police responded to Leemon's comments insisting the charges were simply too serious to issue an immediate desk ticket.

He is due back in court on October 24th to answer to the assault charges.

Source: sohh.com

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X