Eminem Teams Up with Nike To Raise Money For Refugee Youth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eminem Teams Up with Nike To Raise Money For Refugee Youth

Eminem and US sneaker giant Nike recently announced that they have created an exclusive collection of their Air Max line to help raise funds for disadvantaged youths around the world.

Em (born Marshall Mathers) designed eight different limited edition Air Max's. Nike will only produce 64 pairs of the sneakers.

"If you told me ten years ago that IŽ be designing this whole series of Air Max's, I never would have believed it," said Eminem via a statement. "It's one of the hottest lines that Nike ever produced, so I'm honored to make my own contribution. My only problem was figuring out how to make the shoes different from stuff they've already done: Nike always has the dopest color combos."

The sneakers, which will be numbered and autographed by Eminem, will be auctioned off over a period of 4 weeks, starting August 31, to help raise money for the Marshall Mathers Foundation and ninemillion.org., a global campaign founded by the UN Refugee Agency (UNHCR) to bring education and sport programs to the world's refugee youth.

"We're always looking for new ways to try to raise money and awareness for the foundation, so when Nike approached us we jumped at the chance," explained Eminem "When we got the info on ninemillion.org, it made even more sense. Who wouldn't want to design their own line of Nikes? And to do it for charity makes it that much better."

The Detroit bred rapper is planning to make his return to the big screen as a bounty hunter in a movie remake of the 1950s TV series "Have Gun--Will Travel." There is no word when the film will begin production.

Source: sohh.com

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X