Foxy Brown Accused Of Stealing, Store Owner Presses Charges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Foxy Brown Accused Of Stealing, Store Owner Presses Charges

Foxy Brown's legal woes continue to mount as the Brooklyn bred rapper has been accused of stealing from a high-end New York boutique.

According to The New York Post, Tony Khayat, the owner of L'impasse, recently filed a police complaint claiming Foxy stormed out of his store with two belts costing nearly $400 apiece on Thursday (August 24).

"I was going to just call her and tell her to get those f-ing belts back - but I guess I'm pressing charges," Khayat told the Post. "I'm very upset. I gave her free clothing the day before yesterday. It's unbelievable. I just want to make an example of this. What gives her the right to take what doesn't belong to her?"

Abdul Sal, a L'impasse employee, claims Brown had come to pick up lingerie she had dropped for tailoring, and began yelling and cursing at him, when he informed her it wasn't ready.

"She said, 'I don't f-ing care, I'm not leaving until it's done!'," Sal explained to The Post.

Sal then alleged Brown began to argue over the price of a belt before putting it in her bag and grabbing another one as she stormed out of the store.

"Honestly, I never thought she would do anything like that," said Sal. "I was shocked. Who does she think she is?"

Authorities reportedly have footage of the incident and are determining whether or not they will arrest Brown.

Khayat, who claims Brown as a long-time customer, believes her behavior may have had something to do with recent surgery she had to correct a hearing loss.

"She's been here every day since Sunday. I thought she was on [prescription] drugs," he said.

These are not the only legal issues that Brown (Born Inga Marchand) is facing. She is charged with assaulting two employees of Manhattan's Bloomie Nails in Chelsea in an August 2004 fight over payment for a manicure. The trial was set to commence last month but was delayed by a Manhattan judge until this Monday, August 28th.

Brown is also facing harassment charges filed by her former personal assistant, Rasheeda Ellis. Last Wednesday (August 23rd), Brown missed a mandatory court date in Jersey City for the case. This is the second time Foxy failed to show up in court forcing the judge to warn Brown's attorney that she would issue a warrant for her arrest if she failed to show up again. The case is due back in court on September 26th.

Source: sohh.com

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X