Reward Reinstated For Info On B.I.G. Murder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reward Reinstated For Info On B.I.G. Murder

The Los Angeles City Council reinstated a $50,000 reward on Friday (September 22) for anyone with key information in the unsolved slaying of The Notorious B.I.G.

B.I.G. (born Christopher Wallace) was shot and killed on March 9, 1997 after a party at the Petersen Automotive Museum in Los Angeles.

Voletta Wallace, B.I.G.'s mother, and his widow, Faith Evans, sued the city and others four years ago, alleging wrongful death, and accused convicted corrupt cops Rafael Perez and David Mack of conspiring to kill Biggie with Death Row CEO Marion "Suge" Knight.

In July 2005, U.S. District Judge Florence-Marie Cooper declared a mistrial in the family's suit after it was revealed that the LAPD were deliberately concealing evidence in the rapper's killing. She later ordered the LAPD to pay $1.1 million to the family's legal team in costs disbursed during the trial.

This past August, Copper denied a bid by the Wallaces' to expand the lawsuit. The rappers' family requested that the suit should include claims that LAPD officer Rafael Perez was on duty at the Peterson Automotive Museum.

The retrial, which was expected to start in January, is now scheduled to begin on February 27th 2007.

Source: sohh.com

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X