Mary J. Blige, Ludacris & Gnarls Barkley Score Big At Grammy Awards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mary J. Blige, Ludacris & Gnarls Barkley Score Big At Grammy Awards

Falling just short of the Dixie Chicks five wins, Mary J. Blige topped the list of Grammy Award winners at the Los Angeles Staple Center last night (February 11).

Blige was the top nominee this year with 8 nods for the music business' most prestigious awards. Blige hit the stage three times over the course of the evening to accept awards for Best Female R&B Vocal Performance, Best R&B Song (for "Be Without You") and Best R&B album for The Breakthrough. The "Queen of Hip-Hop Soul" also joined fellow Grammy winner Ludacris onstage to perform their duet "Runaway Love."

In addition to grabbing the Best Rap Song award for "Money Maker," Ludacris also nabbed Best Rap Album of the Year for Release Therapy. His acceptance included a very special thank you shout out to Oprah Winfrey and Bill O'Reilly.

"I love ya," the rapper said facetiously.

Quirky duo Gnarls Barkley fit the bill of performers who were also winners for the night. Rapper/singer Cee-Lo and producer Danger Mouse won Grammys for the Best Alternative Music Album (St. Elsewhere) and Best Urban/Alternative Performance for smash hit "Crazy," which they performed onstage in matching pilot costumes.

Rapper T.I. also picked up two awards; Best Rap Solo Performance for "What You Know," and Best Rap/Sung Collaboration along with Justin Timberlake for "My Love." Tip and J.T. also performed the song during the awards, joined onstage by 18-year-old "My Grammy Moment" winner Robyn Troup. J.T. also scored the Best Dance Recording Grammy for "SexyBack."

Other R&B Grammy performers who also scored awards included John Legend who picked up the Best Male R&B Performance Grammy for "Heaven," and Beyonce, who performed "Listen" at the awards and picked up the Best Contemporary R&B Album Grammy for B'Day.

Source: sohh.com

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X