Nas Enters The Sneaker Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nas Enters The Sneaker Game

Nas is getting into the fashion and merchandising business, creating a signature footwear line as part of a partnership with 310 Global Brands.

After successfully partnering with The Game for his Hurricane shoe, the merchandising division of 310 Motoring is now looking to Queen's rap megastar Nas (born Nasir Jones) for their latest signature celebrity collection. The company announced today that Nas is looking to unveil his Disciple Footwear Collection by June. Under their agreement with Nas, 310 will market and distribute the Disciple collection.

"310 is not based on a one-size-fits-all approach," Nas stated from the Disciple photo shoot in New York. "It's about customization, expressing your own personal style - and Disciple Footwear Collection by 310 is born out of this same spirit. I'm excited to design styles that respect that we are not all the same - that we're here to celebrate our diversity, our roots, our history."

Nas' named his new collection after his 2004 album Street's Disciple, a title which he also occasionally uses for himself. Nas will have a hands on role with the new line. While discussing their new endeavor with Nas, 310 praised the rapper, recognizing his long term achievements in music.

"I've respected Nas for a long time. From his music to his image, he answers to no one but himself, and it's made him one of the most acclaimed artists out there today," said Marc Laidler, founder of 310 Motoring, via statement. "He has never wavered and his street credibility is as true as it was back in the day. Everything Nas does is with style and authenticity, and I'm happy to be going into business with a man whose credentials are in sync with 310's true style."

Since releasing his 2006 album Hip-Hop is Dead in December, Nas has taken an active role to revive hip-hop culture, recently releasing several different remixed versions of "Where Are They Now" featuring appearances from rappers of the 80's and 90's as well as notable West Coast emcees.

Source: sohh.com

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X