Young Buck Targeted By Police, Settles Beef With DJs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Young Buck Targeted By Police, Settles Beef With DJs

Young Buck has faced many trials and tribulations on the path to release his sophomore CD. He spent much of December under threat of a nationwide DJ ban for an altercation with Lil Jon's DJ, DJ Will, been the target of police surveillance and has a committee seeking to censor him.

Fortunately, according to Buck, issues with DJ Will and the record ban have been resolved.

"Tony Neal is my best friend at this point," Buck said of the Core DJ's founder whose organization once threatened to stop playing Buck's records . "Tony was the first guy to reach out and say he had reliable people at the club where the situation happened, that came to him and said it wasn't the way the story was getting reported. He eventually reached out to show the Core DJ's were behind me, showing their support. He invited me to a party they put together in Milwaukee, I came out and they showed me a lot of love."

Buck added, "I'm too humble in my situation to fall out of pocket behind a DJ playing a record by a person that disliked me or my crew. I'm blessed for it to work itself out -- for one, I have an album coming out March 20, and for two, I'm not an overnight success, I didn't get here to jeopardize my career to make that move. I'm blessed to make it through these situations. Situations like the Vibe awards and this work themselves out as long as I don't start the problem, and I ain't going out making no problems."

Though Buck says he is steering clear of trouble, that hasn't stopped law officials from keeping an eye on him.

"I got pulled over by ten undercovers," Buck revealed of the January arrest when Nashville police stopped Buck's Escalade. "Ten fuckin undercover cars, you don't see not one government car in sight. I'm like 'what the fuck is this? What the fuck I done?' They told me they pulled me over for driving with a suspended license. I said 'Hell naw it ain't.' The ***** run my license said, 'Nah it ain't suspended, but we still gotta take you down to clear the warrant in our system...' They get me downtown and wanna question me about murders."

Buck explained that his history in Nashville has local police convinced he hasn't left the streets completely behind for rap life.

Mining these experiences for song material while recording Buck the World, Young Buck ran into a problem he never anticipated - censorship.

"You remember 2Pac used to always yell about C. Delores Tucker and how she'd try to stop shit we were saying in rap? They started that Lyric Committee off'a her and the Lyric Committee grabbed my record and listened and they scrapped two of my records, like I can't use them, it's no way that I can put them out. One of the records was produced by DJ Paul (of Three 6 Mafia) called "Fuck the Police," I speak a lot of Black Panther talk and really give game to the world on a lot of issues," Young Buck told SOHH. "How in the fuck can you tell a ***** that this is a country where you are free to say what you say, but ya'll motherfuckers gonna go through my record and tell me I can't use this song?"

Although, Buck offered to make changes to the song, the committee was unwilling to make a compromise. Anticipating potential problems from retailers, Buck and his label decided to remove the song from Buck the World.

Buck the World is slated for release on March 20 via G-Unit/Interscope Records.

Source: sohh.com

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X