B.I.G. Remembered With Tribute & Never-Before-Seen Performance Footage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B.I.G. Remembered With Tribute & Never-Before-Seen Performance Footage

In honor of The Notorious B.I.G. on the 10th anniversary of his passing, New York City radio stations Hot 97 and Power 105 will be playing the rapper's music throughout the day, while SOHH.com hosts "One BIG Day," featuring an exclusive album listening and never-before-seen performance footage.

Power 105.1 FM is scheduled to play a Biggie Mix tribute tomorrow (March 9) on "The Morning Show with Ed Lover, Egypt and Ashy." The station also plans to play at least one Biggie song per hour, all day.

From 8 p.m. to midnight, Hot 97's DJ Mister Cee, who also discovered the Brooklyn MC and brought him to Bad Boy Records, will also offer his annual tribute to the late great rapper (born Christopher Wallace).

"It will be a celebration of his music," Mister Cee told the New York Post. "One thing about Biggie's songs that not everyone remembers is that even though he could be hardcore, he always did party records too, feel-good records. I'll be playing those on the show."

While much of the Hot 97 show will be dedicated to Biggie's music, friends of the late rapper will also join in to remember him.

"Most of the listeners know my history with Biggie, so I don't have to say too much about that. But I'll have people like Diddy calling in to talk about him," Mister Cee said.

Wallace was only 24-years-old on March 9, 1997, when he was shot to death leaving a party held at Los Angeles' Petersen Automotive Museum. In 2002 his widow, Faith Evans and mother Voletta Wallace, filed a wrongful death suit against the LAPD and the City of Los Angeles. That lawsuit is still ongoing.

Source: sohh.com

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X