Notorious B.I.G. Album Makes Double Impact on Billboard Charts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Notorious B.I.G. Album Makes Double Impact on Billboard Charts

Ten years after his still-unsolved murder, the Notorious B.I.G. continues to make an impact on the music charts.

The wordsmith's latest posthumous release, Greatest Hits, debuted at number one on the Billboard 200 and Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums charts this week with sales of nearly 100,000 units.

"No one expected Biggie to enter at number one on the Billboard charts this week, not even myself," said Bad Boy CEO Sean "Diddy" Combs. "This is a true testament to the historic impact he has had on the lives of music lovers. Numbers don't lie - Biggie is the greatest and he still has the greatest fans."

The ranking represents the third number one album for B.I.G., who was killed March 9, 1997.

"Everything my son was a part of has been golden," said B.I.G.'s mother Voletta Wallace. "For his presence to be felt ten years after his murder, as if he was still here today, is very touching and overwhelming. The fans have really shown their love for my son throughout the years, and I appreciate each and every one of them for their continued support, love, and respect of his art, music, and life! Blessings!!!"

Greatest Hits celebrates the life of B.I.G. with a career spanning collection of his best known songs, including "Juicy," "One More Chance," "Big Poppa," "Notorious Thugs," "Ten Crack Commandments," "Dead Wrong" and "Hypnotize."

In addition, the album features two unreleased tracks, "Running Your Mouth" and "Want That Old Thing Back."

Greatest Hits is the follow-up to RIAA platinum-certified Duets: The Final Chapter, which debuted at number three on the Billboard 200.

The new album is the third consecutive Bad Boy release to enter the charts at number one, following Danity Kane's self-titled debut and Comb's Press Play.

Source: allhiphop.com

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X