Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jurassic 5 Break Up, "People See Us As A Loving Group, But That's Far From The Truth"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jurassic 5 Break Up, "People See Us As A Loving Group, But That's Far From The Truth"

Reports have surfaced that L.A. rap collective Jurassic 5 will be parting ways after a four album run together.

According to Australia's Gold Coast Bulletin, rapper Soup revealed last month that they the group will be calling it quits after a brief tour of the country and several Japan dates.

"After the tour, that's basically it," Soup explained. "I don't want to sit here and fake around with it--we're not seeing eye to eye right now. People see us as a harmonizing, loving group, but that's far from the truth."

Jurassic 5 is composed of Soup, Akil, Marc 7, Chali 2na and DJ Nu Mark. The group was initially six strong including deejay/producer Cut Chemist, who left the group prior to the release of their recent album, Feedback.

Soup pointed out that each member's desire to work on solo projects is the core of the fated breakup.

"Some people may say it's a creative thing, but I'm not buying it. Some might say business, some might say merchandising, whatever, there's some really stupid shit, some really childish things, happening," continued Soup. "[But] when it comes down to it, some people here want their own shine, their own thing. If that's what you want, I say more power to you. I hope it works out for you--just don't come up with lame excuses [for J5's demise]."

Source: sohh.com

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X