Lawyer Says 50 Cent Not Involved In Child Assault

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lawyer Says 50 Cent Not Involved In Child Assault

Contrary to previous reports, lawyers say 50 Cent was not at the scene of an alleged attack on the 14-year-old son of Jimmy Rosemond.

According to reports in the New York Daily News, 50 (born Curtis Jackson) was not even in New York City at the time of the alleged incident.

"We are conducting our own investigation to determine exactly what happened," 50 Cent's attorney Benjamin Brafman, told the Daily News. "One thing I can say with absolute certainty, however, is that at the time of the alleged incident, 50 Cent was not in New York State."

G-Unit rapper Tony Yayo was arrested in connection with the crime over the weekend. Yayo, whose real name is Marvin Bernard, turned himself in on Saturday (March 24) after returning from a performance in Africa. Yayo was charged with harassment and endangering the welfare of a child after allegedly attacking James Rosemond, the 14-year-old son of Jimmy Rosemond on Tuesday (March 20). Yesterday Yayo was arraigned for the misdemeanor charges. After pleading not guilty in Manhattan Criminal Court Yayo was released on $5,000 bail.

James Rosemond told police Yayo attacked him on W. 25th street, shortly after 6 p.m., for wearing a Czar Entertainment t-shirt. Czar Entertainment is Jimmy Rosemond's management company. The Game is among the notable artists he represents. Rosemond's mother, Cynthia Reed told the Daily News her son thought he saw 50 Cent in a car that pulled up beside him just before being attacked.

"This is not a black-on-black crime," Reed told the Daily News. "This could happen to anybody's child - a child living in Connecticut wearing a Game T-shirt could be attacked."

Despite published reports that 50 was at the scene, Brafman says that 50, was not there. A friend of Jackson's also told the Daily News that he "was in Connecticut packing to leave for Portugal and Africa" at the time.

50 currently resides 110 miles outside of New York, in a $4 million Connecticut home that was previously owned by Mike Tyson.

In related news Rosemond's mother, Cynthia Reed, recently released an official statement concerning the attack.

"As a mother I am concerned that my son (who is a fan of hip-hop) would be attacked by the same artist whose music he listens to. It's a shame that 50 cent & Tony Yayo could feel comfortable slapping & physically attacking an innocent 14 year old minor that they market & promote their records to. This is a cowarldly act on my son who has done nothing to warrant the verbal and physical abuse he received. This issue should not be taken lightly and these men should be looked upon as a serious threat to society, having taken their relentless public rants towards their rivarlys to a level of extreme. This should be looked as a step away from child molestation. I seek justice in the form of restoring my son's dignity and making sure any child can wear whatever they want without fear of bodily injury."

Source: sohh.com

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X