Tony Parker Takes A Shot At Rapping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tony Parker Takes A Shot At Rapping

NBA All-Star guard Tony Parker hopes to add rap to his list of accomplishments, after releasing his self-titled debut Tony Parker album this week.

According to Reuters, Parker dropped his album via the Music One Label yesterday. The album is described as a mixture of hip-hop, R&B and dance music. A video for his first single "Balance-toi (Throw Yourself Around)" is already circulating the internet.

The 6'2 San Antonio Spurs player follows in the footsteps of Shaquille O'Neal, Kobe Bryant, Allen Iverson, Chris Webber and Ron Artest by pursuing a calling in hip-hop, but so far he isn't faring any better than his NBA peers. Critics are already calling out Parker on his lack of lyrical game, citing lines from "Balance-toi" that include, "What, you want to dance? No, it's not worth it. Me, I'll stay on the sofa enjoying the vibe by raising my arms."

Other lyrics include "I've already got my woman for life," a reference to Parker's fiancée, "Desperate Housewives" actress Eva Longoria. The two are scheduled to marry this summer in France. To sample Parke'r music, log onto www.tp9.net.

Tony Parker's self-titled debut is in stores now.

Source: sohh.com

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X