The Game Misses Court Date, Judge Issues Warrant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Game Misses Court Date, Judge Issues Warrant

Compton, CA rapper The Game missed a scheduled court date in Manhattan yesterday (Mar. 30), related to charges that he impersonated a police officer in Nov.

According to the New York Post, a warrant was issued for the rapper's arrest, but the warrant will not be activated unless he misses his next court date, which is scheduled for Jun. 13.

The Game was arrested on Nov. 16, after he allegedly ordered a cab driver to run several red lights.

When the cab was stopped by police, the driver told police that the Game, born Jayceon Taylor, said he was an undercover police officer and allegedly urged the cab driver to run the red lights.

Police promptly arrested The Game and charged him with impersonating a police officer.

"This is a ploy by the Hip-Hop police to humiliate me, because they harass and follow me every time I come to New York," The Game told AllHipHop.com shortly after his arrest. "I was in New York promoting my album. I never impersonated anyone especially and absolutely never a police officer."

An arrest warrant was issued for the rapper on Jan. 16, after he failed to appear for his first court date related to the charges.

On Jan. 30, The Game appeared in court and pleaded not guilty to the charges. His lawyer, Jeffrey Lichtman, welcomed a trial.

"The police are harassing him," Lichtman said after the rapper pleaded innocent. "It's an embarrassment for them. The cops follow him from the moment he lands to the moment he leaves. A limo driver freaked out, that's it. They are harassing him, but there will be some harassment going the other way at the trial."

Source: allhiphop.com

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X