Biggie's Family Files New Wrongful Death Lawsuit Against LAPD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Biggie's Family Files New Wrongful Death Lawsuit Against LAPD

The family of The Notorious B.I.G. has filed another wrongful-death lawsuit against the City of Los Angeles.

B.I.G. (born Christopher Wallace) was shot and killed on March 9, 1997 after a party at the PetersenAutomotiveMuseum in Los Angeles. Voletta Wallace, B.I.G.'s mother, and his widow, Faith Evans, sued the city and others five years ago, alleging wrongful death, and accused convicted corrupt cops Rafael Perez and David Mack of conspiring to kill Biggie with Death Row CEO Marion "Suge" Knight.

The case would end in a mistrial in 2005 after it was revealed the tip that the LAPD was withholding evidence. The Wallace family would be awarded with $1.1 million in legal fees and a re-trial was set for this year.

According to the Los Angeles Times, the new suit, which was filed in Los Angeles County Superior Court on Monday (April 16), alleges that Mack, Perez and his ex-partner Nino Durden were involved in Biggie's slaying.

The suit contends that Perez has made specific statements that he, together with David Mack, conspired to murder and participated in the murder of the Brooklyn bred rapper.

The suit also alleges that Perez was a member of a street gang and was working as a "covert agent" for Death Row Records at the same time he was working as a police officer.

The lawsuit estimates that financial losses as a result of Biggie's death could be as much as $500 million. The suit also contends that the city of L.A. covered up Perez and Durden's involvement because it would have made the city liable in a lawsuit.

Source: sohh.com

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X