Rapping Fire Fighter Suspended Over Lyrics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rapping Fire Fighter Suspended Over Lyrics

A firefighter who moonlighted as a rapper has been put on administrative leave for releasing a record that called police "pigs" and threatened to turn cops into "bacon bits."

According to Executive Chief Daniel A. Williams, Akbar was removed from his duties at Engine Company 9 in the Mount Airy section of Philadelphia.

Akbar, who also served in the U.S. Army, created an outrage when lyrics to the song hit the Internet promoting his album Sin City Vol. 1.

On the song Akbar rapped: I got a surprise for them cops I hope the news is taping this/ 'cause I'm gonna turn pigs into bacon bits.

Local Fraternal Order of Police members demanded a written apology for the lyrics by Sunday (Apr. 22) and when none came, the President of the local FOP chapter demanded that Akbar be fired.

"As a result of the recent events concerning Philadelphia Firefighter Rodney Jean Jacques and his failure to apologize to members of the Philadelphia Police Department and Fire Department, as well as to the citizens of Philadelphia, the Fraternal Order of Police stands firm on our initial recommendation that he be dismissed from city employment," said Robert V. Eddis, president of Lodge 5 of the FOP, in a written statement.

Philadelphia Fire Commissioner Lloyd Ayers said the incident is under review while Akbar is on administrative leave.

Akbar, who recorded a fire prevention song titled "Take It Outside," for a national fire prevention campaign, is also a member of the group Larsiny, which features fellow Philadelphia rapper Cassidy.

On "Take It Outside," Akbar shouts out Commissioner Ayers.

Source: allhiphop.com

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X