Twista Takes On Prez Bush, "We Need To Bring the Troops Home"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Twista Takes On Prez Bush, "We Need To Bring the Troops Home"

Twista has called out U.S. President George W. Bush for his recent veto of a bill that would have withdrawn American troops from Iraq.

The bill, which was vetoed by Bush on Wednesday (May 2), also seeked $124 billion for funding wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.

In his blog with Red Eye, an edition of the Chicago Tribune, the tongue-twisting lyricist called Bush "bogus" and urged Americans to appeal to the government.

"I want to tell people to write, call, or come up with some way to give suggestions to help say something to effect our troops coming home," he wrote. "We need to say something effective to bring our troops back home. We have troops dying every day and I think it's time that they come back home to the people they care about."

"I wanna know what you all think we can do to help bring the troops home because something needs to be done," he added. "There are two sides to the situation in Iraq but I kind of feel the way Rosie O'Donnell feels: They didn't attack us so why should we have to attack them?"

Twista is currently working on his seventh studio album titled Adrenaline Rush 2010. Slated for release this year, the album will feature guest appearances from Lil' Wayne, R. Kelly, Snoop Dogg, Cee-Lo and R. Kelly, among others.

Source: sohh.com

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X