Verizon Drops Akon Over Explicit Dance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Verizon Drops Akon Over Explicit Dance

Corporate giant Verizon has ended its partnership with Akon, after an explicit dance with a 15-year-old girl at a show in Trinidad.

The girl, who reportedly thought she won a dance contest, was allowed entry into Club Zen, despite the fact that she was underage.

Akon, born Aliaune Thiam, proceeded to simulate sex with the under aged girl as they danced on the stage.

Video of the performance was posted on Youtube.com, but was soon removed from the popular video sharing service.

"This week the partnership ended," Verizon said to FOX News. "We have music services on our cellphone service and we were promoting him as one of the artists. The other part of the sponsorship was the Gwen Stefani tour, of which he was an opening act. We are no longer sponsoring the tour."

Trinidad's Prime Minister Patrick Manning has called for an investigation of the performance and the club, which has been closed by authorities.

"I got carried away, I started to dance as well, but I never thought it was going to be like that," Danah Alleyne told The Trinidad Express. "I was shocked. My head was hitting the floor."

Officials on the island are also attempting to ban Akon from future performances in Trinidad.

At press time, representatives for Akon had no comment.

Source: allhiphop.com

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X