Foxy Brown Ordered To Take DNA Test In FL Spitting Incident

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Foxy Brown Ordered To Take DNA Test In FL Spitting Incident

Rapper Foxy Brown must submit a DNA sample to Broward County prosecutors, in an attempt to determine if she spit on the owner of a Pembroke Pines, FL beauty supply store.

Brown was arrested and charged with battery, when she became embroiled in a dispute with the owner of the Queen Beauty Supply store on Feb. 15.

The rapper was sampling hair products in the bathroom of the shop when the owner ordered her to leave because the store was closing.

Brown allegedly became irate, threw hair glue at the man and allegedly spit on him during the fracas.

An officer found Brown in the shopping center, but when he attempted to bring her back to the Queen Beauty Supply store, Brown allegedly resisted, forcing the officer to "use a takedown maneuver to gain control" of Brown.

Brown, born Inga Marchand, was charged with battery and obstruction of justice. She was released after posting $1,500 bond.

Brown turned down a plea deal on May 18 and will stand trial on Sept. 24.

If convicted of the charges, she faces up to a year in prison.

Brown held a press conference at Brown Memorial Baptist Church in Brooklyn shortly after her arrest and proclaimed her innocence.

"The only crime I am guilty of committing is being a young black female celebrity in Broward County," Brown said. "I am the victim of an overzealous police department who engaged in police brutality and a money hungry store owner whose motives are for me to pay his mortgage on his house and his children's tuition."

Source: allhiphop.com

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X