Necro Calls On Metal Friends For New Album, Death Rap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Necro Calls On Metal Friends For New Album, Death Rap

Indie rapper Necro is pulling out all the stops for his Koch Records debut, Death Rap -- calling on all his metal friends help with guest stops.

According to Blabbermouth, the rapper has enlisted the likes of Lamb Of God's Mark Morton, Shadows Fall's Brian Fair, Twelve Tribes' Adam Jackson, Anthrax's Scott Ian and ex-Megadeath bassist Dave Ellefson for the forthcoming album.

Necro's story begins like the typical hip-hop story -- raised in the Glenwood projects of Brooklyn, New York, he was broke, so he did what he needed to survive including selling drugs at the age of 16. But then, he found hip-hop.

While Necro is influenced by hip-hop pioneers such as Rakim, Kool G Rap and Big Daddy Kane, he also related to the sounds of rock and metal, listening to bands like Slyer and Megadeath. He's a different kind of rapper. Although he was able to recite the lyric's verbatim to Slick Rick's "La-di-da-di" at a young age, he also remembers blasting Metallica's "Kill Em All."

"Metal is everything to me, as much as hip-hop," Necro said of his love for both genres. "I am just as influenced by metal. Metal is a huge inspiration to me. I am metal, it's in my veins and blood. I'm more of a metalhead then those who claim it. I don't need to rock tight jeans and long hair to be metal -- it's all about the music and my attitude, the riffs, the drums, the lyrics -- not a f---ing image.

"I'm old school, I come from the 80s school of metal, not that 90s sh-- or that 2000 sh--, but the 80s when sh-- was pure, taking it back to the first Sabbath album, that's what metal is: 'Kill 'Em All,' 'Reign In Blood,' 'Slowly We Rot,' 'Leprosy,' 'Master Of Puppets', I could go on forever. Real metalheads know the deal," he continued.

As much as he admires the legends in metal, they have embraced his music as well. Artists such as Sepultura drummer Igor Cavalera, members of Hatebreed and Slipknot are all fans of Necro despite calling hip-hop "crap" in the past.

Necro's forthcoming album, Death Rap, will be released through Koch Records. He inked a distribution deal with the label in June for his Psycho+Logical-Records label.

The album is due in stores this fall.

Source: ballerstatus.net

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X