50 Cent speaks on new album; Dr. Dre producing most of it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 50 Cent speaks on new album; Dr. Dre producing most of it

The sequel to last year's best selling rap album, 50 Cent's Get Rich Or Die Tryin', is currently in the works and is scheduled to be released in the third quarter of 2004. Fans can expect guest appearances from Eminem, G-Unit and The Game. The production will be handled by Dr. Dre, Eminem and several new producers.

"My album will be predominately Dr. Dre-produced," 50 told XXL magazine. "I want this record to go to the next level, and my biggest record ever is clearly 'In Da Club.'"

"I would've done more on the first one," Dre commented. "But 50 came to us with a lot of songs that he had recorded before we signed him. Now we'll be starting [from the beginning]."

"People need to know that I will top my last album," 50 continues. "It is possible and I am going to do it. I am definitely not using the same formula for this album that I did on the first. A lot of things that happened to me during Get Rich Or Die Tryin' -- all the confusion going on around that time and about me has only made me more aggressive. I'm gonna get all sorts of shit off my chest and make the songs perfect. There will be nothing but the marriage between the perfect beat and lyrics."

Source: streethop.com

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X