Dr. Dre starts working on Detox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dr. Dre starts working on Detox

Dr. Dre just recently started working on his third solo LP, Detox, which is scheduled to be released by Aftermath Entertainment and Interscope Records in the fourth quarter of 2004.

"I'm actually just starting," Dre told XXL magazine. "I had a couple of joints. But I've been working with some new artists, so I'm starting over. I just started the other day with Eminem."

The LP features guest appearances from 50 Cent, Eminem, Eve, Mary J. Blige and The Game. The production is pretty much handled by Dre himself, but the LP also features production by Denaun Porter, Hi-Tek and Nottz.

"I wanna put like 12 or 13 songs on my album," he said. "And have 12 or 13 singles. So I'm really taking my time with each one. No album fillers or nothing like that. No fast-forwarding."

When asked why it takes him so long to make an album, Dre responds, "I don't really consinder myself an artist. I'm a producer. So I wanna produce new artists. I took a little break and produced the 50 album, then I did the Obie Trice album and D-12. I just like producing, so it takes quite a bit to get me to go in and do something on myself."

Source: streethop.com

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X