Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eminem's Mother Carjacked At 8 Mile

Debbie Nelson, mother of rap star Eminem

Debbie Nelson, the estranged mother of Eminem, was reportedly carjacked on the outskirts of Detroit last Thursday (Jan. 21).

According to local reports, Nelson (49) was sitting in her Honda Accord at a gas station on Eight Mile Road at about 11:30 p.m. when a person approached her window with a silver handgun and demanded she get out.

Apparently, she didn’t respond quickly enough for the carjacker, because he yanked her out of the car and sped away west on Eight Mile road. Nelson told Detroit's WXYZ-TV the attacker grabbed her by the hair and arm.

Nelson responded by fleeing and immediately calling the local police at a pay phone inside of the gas station.

Nelson gave investigating police information on her car, including the license plate number.

Police arrested James Antonio Knott (16) of Detroit about a mile from the gas station after he became stuck in traffic and attempted to flee. The teen leapt from the car and ran from authorities, who soon apprehended him.

The 16-year-old Detroit resident was charged as an adult with carjacking and armed robbery Friday and is being held in lieu of $150,000 cash bond, said police, who did not believe the carjacker recognized Nelson.

"For this to be a kid - it broke my heart," Nelson said.

Nelson said she tried to contact her son, whose real name is Marshall Mathers III, but "he apparently must not be in town."

Nelson's rocky relationship with her son has been no secret since the Detroit rapper became a star. Eminem has disparaged his mother in songs such as "Cleaning Out My Closet." Nelson brought and settled two defamation lawsuits over Eminem's statements about her in magazines and on radio talk shows.

Source: AP

I can see it now GTA 4: 8 Mile Road

Comment

I doubt Eminem even cares

Comment

i can see it now..

8-mile 2: momma got carjacked

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X