Jacki-O Claims She Was Blackmailed For Sex By Music Executive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jacki-O Claims She Was Blackmailed For Sex By Music Executive

Miami rapper Jacki-O recently revealed some shocking info about her first experiences in the industry, and it's not pretty.

In a recent issue of Hip Hop Weekly, the female rapper claims she had to sleep with a record executive at Poe Boy Entertainment -- where she signed her first deal -- to receive a $10,000 advance that she was previously promised.

According to Jacki-O, all the other acts on the label received their money, except her. When she asked about it, she was given an ultimatum.

"Everybody that signed [to Poe Boy] had gotten their advance money, but when it came time for me to get my advance, I had to f*** for my advance," Jacki-O told the magazine. "It was ten stacks and I had to f*** for it. So naturally, it wasn’t something that I’m proud of doing."

After receiving flack for the comments, which many readers felt were disgraceful, the rapper recently released a statement, explaining her reasoning behind letting out those skeletons from her closet. She is adamant at saying wasn't trying to glorify the incident, and that her intentions were just to reveal the ugly side of the industry that's rarely seen.

"Obviously my interview was read and what was taken out of it was the negative and not what was intended," she said in a statement. "My intentions was to really to express the regret that I had for having to have sex and just the way that people are abused when they are under authority. When you in a situation when someone is telling you, 'Hey, this is your dream, you can be this, you can go off and do what you love to do, which is write music and be an artist, but you gotta have sex.' I'm from Liberty City, Pork 'N Beans projects. I mean, come on.

"I wasn't glorifying having to have sex with someone for 10 grand. I wasn't trying to glorify that. I was trying to express the regret that I had and tell other women that you don't gotta do that. That was a wrong turn that I took," she continued.

Despite going through with the sexual favor, Jacki says she's "not a whore," and instead just a victim of someone's abuse their authority.

"I don't think it's a problem with the women, it's a problem with people that abuse their authority," Jacki says. "... I'm not a whore. I don't go around having sex to get to the top.

"I'm very talented and my music speaks for itself. I don't have to have sex to get to where I need to be at. The authority that I was under ... I was being abused by the authority."

In 2004, Jacki-O released her debut album, Poe Little Rich Girl, on TVT Records. It peaked at no. 95 on the Billboard 200.

She's since left TVT and Poe Boy Entertainment, and launched her own Jack Move Entertainment. She's currently prepping a new mixtape, and shopping for a new record deal.

Source: ballerstatus.net

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X