50 Cent Accuses Lil Wayne Of Stealing 'Lollipop' From Him

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 50 Cent Accuses Lil Wayne Of Stealing 'Lollipop' From Him

50 Cent recently said that he likes Lil Wayne. Wait, didn't he call him a "whore" for doing so many collaborations, and even diss him in a freestyle? That's right he did.

He tells Rolling Stone that he does like Lil Wayne, but said that there are some very striking similarities between Weezy's hit single "Lollipop" and 50's 2005 hit "Candy Shop."

In an interview with the magazine, he explains.

"'Lollipop' is 'lick lick lick lick it like a lollipop,'" 50 told the mag, singing the verse to prove his point. "And 'Candy Shop' is 'I'll take you to the Candy Shop / I'll let you lick the lollipop.'"

There's the jab we thought was coming. Guess 50 doesn't like Wayne that much, or any other rappers for that matter. He says, right now, he's not listening to anybody's music.

"I'm not really listening to anyone else's records," he told Rolling Stone. "Now I'm in another space where I gotta make what I'm excited about."

He's currently working on his final album on his contract with Interscope, titled Before I Self-Destruct. It slated to drop before the end of the year.

While details regarding the new solo album are scarce, 50 promises that it will definitely shake things up. He also admits that there's pressure. While other rappers can't get close to the success of his previous albums, there's always high expectations when he drops.

"[Other rappers] can take what I've done for the last five years and do their version of it and be successful with momentum," he says. "Meanwhile, I have to reinvent the wheel."

Source: ballerstatus.net

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X