Royce Da 5'9 Inks New Deal, Preps Street Hop Album

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Royce Da 5'9 Inks New Deal, Preps Street Hop Album

Detroit rapper Royce Da 5'9 has teamed up with One Records for the release of a new project titled Street Hop, which will be released in association with his own imprint M.I.C.

The album, which is slated for the first quarter of 2009, will be executive produced by DJ Premier. Its first single will be "Shake This," with its video coming later this November.

Street Hop will also feature production from Nottz, Green Lantern, Emile and Kay Gee, while guest appearances include Bun B, Joe Budden, Joell Ortiz, and Crooked I.

Royce has been dropping mixtapes to build anticipation until the actual album hits the streets. According to the rapper, what the public hears on his street mixtapes is just a taste of what he has to offer.

"This album will definitely show the world why I'm the one to watch right now. I'm happy about my new partnership between M.I.C and One Records, because it's time to ignite the streets," Royce says. "I'm ready to show all these other rappers just how wack they really are."

In promotion of Street Hop, Royce is slated to embark on a tour with D12 and Joe Budden on November 12th thru the top of 2009, where he will be previewing tracks from the album, as well as new material from his recently released mixtape Bar Exam 2.

Source: ballerstatus.net

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X