Jimmy Iovine: 'I Lost Dre To Eminem'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jimmy Iovine: 'I Lost Dre To Eminem'

Interscope Records head, Jimmy Iovine, recently revealed to explain the delays on Dr. Dre's highly anticipated album, Detox.

In an interview with Billboard, the label executive explained that -- despite Dre saying his album would come by the end of the year -- it's getting pushed back until next year.

Why? Because Eminem got on a roll, and Dre has to halt work on Detox to help Eminem finish his album.

"We only tried to put [Eminem] out this year to replace Dr. Dre, but we got into a quagmire," Iovine told Billboard. "Eminem was always coming next year. But what happened was, I lost Dr. Dre to Eminem. Dre had to stop making his album to finish Eminem's album.

"Eminem hit a streak, and when a guy like Eminem gets on fire, you stop everything. That's how we lost Dre," he continued.

Iovine said that Dre is expected to get back to work on Detox in January, when his work with Eminem should be done.

Em's forthcoming album, Relapse, was also pushed back, because like Dre, the Detroit rapper is "a perfectionist," an insider told the New York Post.

"Eminem has been through a lot," the insider told the paper. "He is being a perfectionist and is completely obsessive-compulsive about this album."

Relapse is expected to drop early next year.

Source: ballerstatus.net

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X