Eminem Reveals "Relapse" Details, Talks Working With Dr. Dre

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eminem Reveals "Relapse" Details, Talks Working With Dr. Dre

With anticipation building for his long-awaited Relapse album, Eminem has revealed exclusive details about the forthcoming project and working with Dr. Dre.

According to Billboard, the Grammy winning rapper has officially gone back to working with the mega producer responsible for signing Em back in 1999 and releasing The Slim Shady LP.

"Me and Dre are back in the lab like old days," Eminem told Billboard. "Just him banging away on tracks and me getting that little spark that makes me write to it. I don't have chemistry like that with anyone else as far as producers go -- not even close. Dre will end up producing the majority of the tracks on Relapse."

With alleged songs leaking from the upcoming disc including "Number One" and "Crack a Bottle," Em confirmed the unauthorized pre-releases.

"It wasn't close to finished, and it even has me doing guide vocals for Dre as a suggestion of how he could lay his verses down," Em added. "It's like someone catches you peeping in your window before you got the Spider Man costume all zipped up! Nobody is supposed to see that. We are gonna finish it up though and get it out there how it's supposed to be."

The rapper also addressed forthcoming releases from Shady artists like 50 Cent and Cashis.

"[50] is still working on [Before I Self-Destruct] and getting back together with me and Dre next week to finish up. I have a couple of tracks on there with him. It's sick," he said. "People are going to be surprised what [Cashis] is capable of. I produced a bunch of records on there as well."

Relapse is currently scheduled to hit retail stores spring 2009.

Source: sohh.com

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X