Jay-Z Gives "Blueprint 3" Update, "I'm Gonna Take My Time"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jay-Z Gives "Blueprint 3" Update, "I'm Gonna Take My Time"

Hip-Hop mogul Jay-Z has addressed the current status of his highly anticipated album The Blueprint 3 by debunking rumors of a set release date.

After speculation about the album's release, Jay-Z has weighed in on the project's rumored release date.

"For me, the process of making an album is difficult with so many things going on," he said in an interview. "And me, I wanna make it beyond and above. I'm gonna take my time with it. I don't have any quotas, and that's a good thing. It may be too freeing. It's a good thing and a bad thing. You know, I think I need some restrictions. 'Cause if I had restrictions, I would have done it in three weeks. I would have made what I believe to be a great piece of art. I actually recorded a lot of records already. You know, all those records that leaked [online] were on The Blueprint 3." (MTV)

As previously reported, Roc-A-Fella artist/producer Kanye West recently said the disc would drop next month.

"I'm constantly making music," Ye said in a teleconfernce last November. "We almost finished with Jay album. we almost finished before I even dropped my album. Jay album is coming in February." (SOHH)

Throughout the fall, Ye was reportedly chosen to produce a majority of the project.

Kanye will indeed be producing most, if not all, of the album. Remember back in the day when an artist would do a whole album with one producer for cohesiveness? Think classic Snoop or Jeru with Primo... and fast forward it to 2008. Jay will be leaking the finished version of "Jockin" as soon as he adds a new 3rd verse to the song. (The Press Play Show)

Source: sohh.com

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X