Juelz Santana On Jay-Z Blocking Chris Brown's BET Awards Set, "Sucker Move"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Juelz Santana On Jay-Z Blocking Chris Brown's BET Awards Set, "Sucker Move"

Skull Gang leader Juelz Santana recently weighed in on Chris Brown's no-show at last weekend's BET Awards and said Jay-Z was largely responsible.

In addition to his reaction, Santana also took a few shots at Jigga via Twitter.

"i take nothin away from Jay-Z," he wrote. "i dont wanna sound like a Hater but his swagger was on Zero yesterday. & i just heard thru the grape vine that Jay-Z said he would not Perform if Chris Brown was gonna perform.. SMH Sucker Move I woulda rather seen Chris Brown come out & do his tribute to [Michael Jackson]. It woulda been the 1st time he Performed since ? I know he woulda Killed it. ok Tweople. Yall do the Math. MJ just died the show as a Tribute to MJ. so not only does he say he down want chris to perform & do what would of been probably the best MJ tribute, but he coulda atleast did H-to tha IZOO cuz it has the MJ beat and Put MJ's name in it." (Juelz Santana's Twitter)

One of Brown's alleged backup dancers, Brandon Shaw, reportedly confirmed Jay forced BET to not allow the singer to perform.

"So Jay-Z tells BET that if Chris performs that he will not perform," tweeted Brandon. "Ummmm........ Wait for it........WHO CARES!!!!!" (Jacksoville News)

Other reports claim BET canceled Brown's set due to his legal case with Rihanna.

Chris Brown was a no-show at Sunday night's BET Awards because producers pulled his performance at the last minute. According to several insiders, Brown's appearance was considered risky business on a night honoring Michael Jackson. The "No Air" singer is facing negative publicity after pleading guilty to the February assault of his ex-girlfriend Rihanna. (New York Daily News)

Despite the claims of Jay being involved, a rep for Brown denied his involvement.

A rep for Chris Brown has denied reports that Jay-Z kiboshed plans for the singer to hit the stage at the BET Awards on Sunday night (June 28), after the rapper said he would back out of his performance if Brown was part of the ceremony. Brown?s rep was quick to step up, issuing a statement saying, "That?s not true -- he was never confirmed to perform." (The Celebrity Truth)

Source: sohh.com

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X