Mariah Carey Addresses Eminem? Spoofs Rapper In ‘Obsessed’ Video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mariah Carey Addresses Eminem? Spoofs Rapper In ‘Obsessed’ Video

Eminem and Nick Cannon exchanged words last month, after his song "Bagpipes From Baghdad" leaked and it contained disses to Nick's wifey Mariah Carey.

Now, Mariah is getting back at Em with her with her own account of things with a track called "Obsessed," the first single from her upcoming album, Memoirs of an Imperfect Angel.

"I was like, 'Why are you so obsessed with me?' " Carey says before the music begins. While MC never mentions Em by name, the lyrics suggest he may be the target, as Carey talks about the an unnamed person's drug problems. "It must be the weed, it must be the E / 'Cause you be poppin', you get it poppin'," Carey sings.

While doing press for his latest album, Relapse, Eminem opened up about his battle with drug addiction, which he almost died from.

Now, photos from the set of the song's video surfaced, showing Mariah spoofing Em. Look at the photos. Yes, that's Mariah dressed as a white guy, eeriely similar looking to Eminem. The video was recently shot in New York city.

On Em's diss, "Bagpipes From Baghdad," he raps about taking Carey back from Nick Cannon. (Carey has denied Eminem's claims that they dated for six months.) "Nick Cannon better back the f*** up," Em spits on the track. "I'm not playing/ I want her back, you punk."

The lyrics upset Cannon, who threatened to break out his mic and start rapping again, and even called it an "act of racist bigotry" that "cannot go unnoticed."

Carey, however, had never publicy addressed the diss. But, there's a time for everything and "Obsessed" just may be her reply.

Source: ballerstatus.net

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X