Man Takes Ex-Girlfriend To Court Over Stolen Sperm and Child Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man Takes Ex-Girlfriend To Court Over Stolen Sperm and Child Support

Well, this is not something that you see everyday.

One Houston man is taking his ex-girlfriend to court for—wait for it—stealing his sperm, going to get artificially inseminated, getting pregnant with and giving birth to twins, suing, and subsequently, winning child support for their care.

Joe Pressil, a 36-year-old telecommunications manager, claims that he suspected foul play because his then girlfriend, Anetria Burnett would never let him throw away the condom after sex:

“I did notice a little bit because she would take the condom and ask me to discard it. And usually, a male would discard their own property, but she would always take the condom and she would run off out of the room and I just didn’t think anything of it. And I didn’t think that anyone could use a condom and bring it to a clinic to get an in vitro,” he said.

Pressil sites his religious beliefs as the reason why he would never consider IVF, and also why he would never even visit a fertility clinic. The Advanced Fertility Center of Texas, where the insemination took place, is doing heavy damage control by reiterating their procedures, but also leaving room for the possibility for error. An attorney for the clinic, Danny Sheena, called the lawsuit “suspect” and “disingenuous,” even though he can’t be sure that the ex-girlfriend, who has not been named, did not fabricate information. Though he claims that all procedures were followed (bloodwork from Pressil is on file), there is clearly some hesitation to call him a liar:

“When patients provide information like [the ex-girlfriend], we rely on truthful and accurate information,” Sheena said. “We do know that we do have his blood work, we do know that his insurance was billed for it, and we do know that his credit card was used to pay for [some of] the visits.”

Pressil doesn’t have an explanation for how the clinic got his blood work, but he does know how they got his insurance information. He admits to naming his girlfriend as his “domestic partner” at work, but says that he thought he was being billed for visits pertaining to her fibroid condition — the same fibroid condition that made it necessary for them to use a “special condom” according to the twins mother, claims Pressil.

His attorney, Jason Gibson, claims that his client is terrified, and rightfully so:

“It’s not what you’re thinking when you’re in a relationship. That’s not what most people are thinking, that their partner is going to get a special condom, use that condom as soon as you’re done having sex, run off to the fertility clinic to go have an IVF procedure. That’s certainly not what my client was thinking,” Gibson said.

In his lawsuit, Pressil claims he discovered the plot when a receipt arrived in the mail from the clinic listing him as a patient, even though he’s never been to there.

“That’s a violation of myself, to what I believe in, to my religion, and just to my manhood,” Pressil said.

Attorney for the ex-girlfriend, Derek Deyon, spoke with Houston news station, Local 2, telling them that this was all an intricate scam so Pressil wouldn’t have to pay child support.

“That’s exactly what this is about,” said Deyon, who said his client denies stealing Pressil’s sperm.

Source: yourblackworld.com

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X