First Gay School Opens

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Gay School Opens

New York City is creating the nation's first public high school for gays, bisexuals and transgender students.

The Harvey Milk High School will enroll about 100 students and open in a newly renovated building in the fall. It is named after San Francisco's first openly gay city supervisor, who was assassinated in 1978.

``I think everybody feels that it's a good idea because some of the kids who are gays and lesbians have been constantly harassed and beaten in other schools,'' Mayor Michael Bloomberg said Monday. ``It lets them get an education without having to worry.''

The school is an expansion of a two-classroom public school program that began in 1984. A gay-rights youth advocacy group, the Hetrick-Martin Institute, has managed and financed the program since its inception.

The new school's principal, William Salzman, said the school will be academically challenging and will follow mandatory English and math programs. It also will specialize in computer technology, arts and culinary arts.

State Conservative Party Chairman Mike Long criticized the creation of the school.

``Is there a different way to teach homosexuals? Is there gay math? This is wrong,'' Long said. ``There's no reason these children should be treated separately.''

The Hetrick-Martin Institute's Web site says the school will give its students ``an opportunity to obtain a secondary education in a safe and supportive environment. ... We believe that success requires the ability to respect and value the diverse human community.''

Question

Are all the exams going to be oral?

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Berkowitz
      Are all the exams going to be oral?
      Hahahhhahaha, Bob you sick mother fucker. But any ways, I got no problem with a gay school, I just hope it doesn't get bombed.

Comment

hey, thats where modern arts belongs! hehe haha

Comment

Originally posted by lilflip696969
          hey, thats where modern arts belongs! hehe haha
          You wish I was gay you fucking ***. Get that plunger out of your ass.

Comment

They Are All In One Place

That Good Because They Are All In One Place.....easy Picking That Way The Osama Want Have To Go Far To Bomb Them....i Think This School Is Another Black Eye To America As A Becon Of Hope For Believers Of God. We Are Creating Another Sodom And Gomora And God Will Bring Down His Rath On New York And San Fransisco....in Accordance To The Prohecy

Comment

Funny

HEY! HE (lilflip696969) DOES HAVE A POINT ABOUT MODERN ART. BUT THAT WAS FUNNY. I COULDN'T STOP LAUGHING WHEN I READ THE STATEMENT. WELL THAT SCHOOL SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED TO TEACH THESE GAYS ANYTHING. IAM VERY OPEN MINDED BUT I THINK THIS SCHOOL IS PUSHING THE ENVELOPE A LITTLE MUCH, DON'T YOU THINK? PEOPLE OF THIS FREE DEMOCRATIC COUNTRY OPEN YOUR EYES THIS IS THE BEGINNING. THE END OF ALL THAT IS GOOD AND PURE. THEY HAVE ALREADY TAKEN PRAYER OUT OF SCHOOLS AND NOW THIS. WHAT ELSE WILL THEY FORCE US TO ACCEPT? AND WHAT IS NEXT? OUR FREEDOM. IN ACCORDANCE TO THE PROPHECY.
              Last edited by phoenix1820; 08-01-2003, 10:16 AM.

Comment

Zealot

Originally posted by phoenix1820
                That Good Because They Are All In One Place.....easy Picking That Way The Osama Want Have To Go Far To Bomb Them....i Think This School Is Another Black Eye To America As A Becon Of Hope For Believers Of God. We Are Creating Another Sodom And Gomora And God Will Bring Down His Rath On New York And San Fransisco....in Accordance To The Prohecy
                "Thou shall not judge"
                "He who is without sin cast the first stone"

THINK ABOUT IT, YOU FUCKING ZEALOT

Comment

"SHAKE HEAD" AT Bob Berkowitz

Bob Berkowitz OH MAN YOU OF LITTLE FAITH MY FRIEND. OPEN YOUR EYES AND SEE THE TRUTH. THEY ARE PERVERTING ALL THAT WE BELIEVE, AND ALL THAT WE HOLD SACRED. I WAS RAISED TO BELIEVE THAT ALL MEN ARE CREATED EQUAL AND ARE ENTITLED TO THE SAME RIGHTS. IF THAT IS SO, THEN WHY DID THEY REMOVE PRAYER IN OUR SCHOOLS? BECAUSE THE DEVIL WALKS THE EARTH MY FRIEND AND HE HAS ****ED THE HECK OUT OF YOUR BRAINS AND THAT IS WHY YOU LOVE THIS SCHOOL SO MUCH. THEN IF THAT IS SO THEN THEY SHOULD HAVE THEIR OWN COUNTRY SO THEY CAN PRACTICE THIS OBOMONITION FREELY. IN ACCORDANCE TO THE PROHECY

Comment

You ****ing Zealot

You Are A Gay ZEALOT

Comment

You Are A Gay ZEALOT
                      That's right, I'm gay but you're the ******

Comment

Well Well....bias Bias

Dude Don't Get A Bonner With This Knew School Being Open. I Know That All You And Your Gay Little Friend Are Doing Right Now Is Celebrating....you Are A Freak And Need To Be Sent On A Little Island With Paurana's All Over It. The Paurana's Should Make A Nice Dinner Of You Testicles....lol If You Want To Be A Girl So Bad Why Not Make You One. Keep Your Bias 2 Cents To Yourself You Little Freak. In Accordance To The Prophecy

Comment

Dude Don't Get A Bonner With This Knew School Being Open. I Know That All You And Your Gay Little Friend Are Doing Right Now Is Celebrating....you Are A Freak And Need To Be Sent On A Little Island With Paurana's All Over It. The Paurana's Should Make A Nice Dinner Of You Testicles....lol If You Want To Be A Girl So Bad Why Not Make You One. Keep Your Bias 2 Cents To Yourself You Little Freak. In Accordance To The Prophecy
                          Why don't you keep your thoughts to yourself?, you punk ass wanna be preacher. Get that bible out of your ass and read it, Thou shall not judge.

Comment

why should I ?

why should I, when there is people like you in the world. I have to try to make this place ok for my kid. people like you need to keep your sexual preference to yourself. i hope this school is the last of its kind because all we need now is for a gay to run for president. this school is a bad idea and you are a stain on a white sheet that good is trying his hardest to clean. I am his appointed cleaning man for the time being. in accordance to the prophecy.

Comment

why should I, when there is people like you in the world. I have to try to make this place ok for my kid. people like you need to keep your sexual preference to yourself. i hope this school is the last of its kind because all we need now is for a gay to run for president. this school is a bad idea and you are a stain on a white sheet that good is trying his hardest to clean. I am his appointed cleaning man for the time being. in accordance to the prophecy.
                              You are an idiot, gay men don't go after other men that arent gay you moron. You think I chose this lifestyle??? I was born gay. And you need to calm down because gays are not doing anything to you. You just think that a gay might hit on you, dont be so vain.

And who cares if a gay ran for president. Last time I checked there was suppose to be a seperation of church and state.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X