Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by phoenix1820
    You Are A Gay ZEALOT

you represent all that is wrong w/ our country.

Comment

Phoenix, I find you to be very ignorant, just as many in the rest of the world. Being that you are a so called Christian.......you should know that the bible says that " thou shall not judge" . God is the only one who is able to judge......don't call yourself a christian until you , yourself are fully clean......And speakin of homosexuals......I'm christian , but i don't agree with something........how come preachers speak against it , but never take the time out to actually pray with/for a homosexual that god comes into his life and turns him from that ....I asked my preacher dead up ....." I hear you preaching against homosexuality, but honestly how many homosexuals have you prayed with for god to change them or have you taken time out to read the bible with. His mouth dropped and he was speechless. I guess some of them don't know that , even though they can preach against sin.......if you are not attemptin to help that person change and and continuin to judge them and talk down on them....without helpin them to change or read the bible with them so that they may change..........dont' you know you're commitin a even greater sin by knowin that they are in sin , but doing nothing to help them come out of that sin..........some preachers preach.....but never really have a full understanding of the word......I forget what this is called....but a man preached about it on the christian channel .

-Chink
      Last edited by Calhoun Kid; 08-03-2003, 9:11 PM.

Comment

well said

Then what the hell happened to sodom and gomor. Homosexuality is one of the reason God destroyed those 2 cities. I am indeed a christian, and one who is entitled to have his own opinion. Although, I don't agree with homosexuality, I don't hate the person who's commiting the act. sir, who are you to stand here and pass judgement on me for having an opinion on a matter that i feel is against what all christian should oppose.

Sir, when you do find that person who will allow you to pray for him and her, what will you pray for?

will that individual really let you pray that god will help them stop being who they are? what they like doing, and what has defined them for many years.

I see that person laughing in your face. God said that we all need a chance, that one chance because you never know.

I will try what you have said by praying for the next gay guy or girl i see on the street. in accordance to the prophecy
        Last edited by phoenix1820; 08-04-2003, 6:12 AM. Reason: spelling and punctuation

Comment

church and state?

Bob Berkowitz,

what are you talking about? gayinism (new word) is not a religion. so why would we need to seperate church and state?

I use to live with a guy who was very much in the closet and one time when we were fighting I slipped and he steped on my testicles. He enjoyed squashing the family jewels. I was teasing him about the way he was acting and he got quite mad with me hence the testicle walk.

please don't speak for all the gays because some to try to hit on straight guys. in accordance to the prophecy.

Comment

born?

born like what my friend?
            you can be born male or female.
            you can be born black or white.etc....
            what the hell is being born gay.
            science can prove that you all are missing some needed chromosomes but you can't be born gay dude.
            If i ever have a son and he shows no interest in playing with boy toys i will ship him off to military school.
            to be born gay my friend has not yet been proven in my world.
            When was the last time we herd of a gay arab...lol...i mean gay to a real extremist country. All you need is a little discipline in that child and that little habit they call gay we be gone. in accordance to the prophecy.

Comment

Originally posted by phoenix1820
              born like what my friend?
              you can be born male or female.
              you can be born black or white.etc....
              what the hell is being born gay.
              science can prove that you all are missing some needed chromosomes but you can't be born gay dude.
              If i ever have a son and he shows no interest in playing with boy toys i will ship him off to military school.
              to be born gay my friend has not yet been proven in my world.
              When was the last time we herd of a gay arab...lol...i mean gay to a real extremist country. All you need is a little discipline in that child and that little habit they call gay we be gone. in accordance to the prophecy.

you are making an ass out of yourself...in accordance to the prophecy.

Comment

^^^ LOL now that is funny. Good one Trance

Comment

Why are we even listening to Phoenix? It's nice that he's religious and all, but religion has fuck all to do with running the country. If he wants to live in an isolated world where the kind of toys you play with determines your sexuality, I say he's already in a Hell of Ignorance, and we should all just let him stew there.

As for the gay school, I don't think it's such a great idea. I understand that many gay kids are threatened by other students and the staff sometimes looks the other way. I realize that some kids stop going to school altogether because of the humilation and danger.

But I think the best way to counter that is by allowing Gay/Straight alliances if the kids want them. Having a whole seperate school just smacks of segregation, and it doesn't educate ignorant straight folks about the facts.

Comment

Originally posted by Oneironaut
                    Why are we even listening to Phoenix? It's nice that he's religious and all, but religion has fuck all to do with running the country. If he wants to live in an isolated world where the kind of toys you play with determines your sexuality, I say he's already in a Hell of Ignorance, and we should all just let him stew there.

As for the gay school, I don't think it's such a great idea. I understand that many gay kids are threatened by other students and the staff sometimes looks the other way. I realize that some kids stop going to school altogether because of the humilation and danger.

But I think the best way to counter that is by allowing Gay/Straight alliances if the kids want them. Having a whole seperate school just smacks of segregation, and it doesn't educate ignorant straight folks about the facts.
                    Some very points you have there. Welcome to this message board.

Comment

Why Should You Listen To Me? Let Me Tell You Why. I Have Two Reasons, First, Iam A Man And Second, I Have Free Will. I Don't Believe In Gays Using Their Preference, On Who They Have Sex With As An Issue To Claim That They Are Being Victimized. Gays Are THE ONES Choosing To Segregate Themselves From The Rest Of Society, WELL, That Is A Bit Ironic Because They Are All Crying Out, That They Are Being Abused(verbaly AND Physically). Who In TheIr Right Mind Would Make Themselves A Willing Targer By ATTENDING This School. A Stupid Moron I TELL YOU , THATS WHO. A Moron WITH An Idealic Dream That Homos Can One Day Hold Hand With His Hetero Brother And Say Free At Last......not That Will Never Be Ppl Wake Up This Is A World Of Men Not Women Or Gays.

Do You Think This School Is Going To Change Anything? All I See This School As Being, Is A Political Ploy To Make Being Gay Normal When In Fact It Isn't.

PS: AT LEAST WE CAN HAVE ALL THE YOUNG GAYS IN ONE PLACE SO THYE WANT BE PEEPING ON ANY STRAIGHT PPL IN GYM LOOKER ROOMS...LOL
                      Last edited by phoenix1820; 08-12-2003, 11:24 AM.

Comment

Strange how "straight" guys like this always seem to be more interested in what gay men do than most homos are. They make all these statements about how the "gay mind" works and it's almost as if it's from firsthand experience or something. Anything you'd like to share with us?

However, it's clear that they aren't gay, because of the silly assumptions they make. For instance, they use the words "preference" or "practice" in order to reduce the real lives of real gay Americans to an activity that does not even apply to all of them. (You don't have to have sex to have a sexual identity, and some gay people aren't interested in "sodomy" at all.)

People like this fail to realize that the feelings that gay people have towards who they are with are as real as anyone else's, and exactly the same. Anyone who has any real kind of relationship with a homo already knows this, but others simply refuse to put a human face and human value on something they're so used to demonizing out of hand.

Phoenix's world must be very small for him to judge people without even attempting to understand them beyond his misconceptions.

Comment

Oneironaut

Yes Indeed Oneironaut My World Is Small Because Its Seem That Iam The Only One That Feels This Way. If So Then I Need To Go Back To That World And Forfeit The Freedom Of Speech That My Great Great Great Great Grandfather Fought For Me To Be Able To Excersise On This Site.

Oneironaut, Who Are You To Try To Put Me In My Place, When Its People Like You Who Push For Such Laws That Don't Allow Prayer In Schools. Last Time I Check The Dollar Bill Said In God We Trust And Not Homosexuality.

I Know My Opinion Can Be Very Narrow-minded At Time But They Are Mine And Its My God Given Right To Share Them As I Please. You May Choose Not To Listen But Iam Free To Speak.

Oneironaut, Not All Gays Are Idealistic Like You, And Not All Believe In A World Were Men Will Be Men And Gays Will Be Gays...iam A Freedom Fighter But I Will Not Fight For Something I Donot Believe In. Mark My Word, This Is Just The Beginning. They Will Next Be Asking For Their On State And Then Their Own Country.
                          When Will This Fleecing Of America's Christian Heart Stop.
                          Last edited by phoenix1820; 08-13-2003, 1:15 PM. Reason: WORDING, SPELLING

Comment

Do you even know what you're saying?

The phrase is One nation under God, not under Jesus. The people that conceived this country did so with the notion of personal freedom. You can believe in your god, I can believe in mine and we are both free not to believe at all. That's why people came here in the first place, because they were being forced to follow the edicts of a religion they didn't agree with. The Consistution isn't asking us to believe anything, but it is saying that in this country we are all equal. God, to them, was a generality. What it really means is logic, reason, and liberty. That's why there are no crosses or specific religious imagery on our money, but Masonic symbols. Something tells me, though, that you'd cry "paganism" long before trying to understand their metaphorical meanings.

Homosexuality isn't something you "believe" in, and by referring to it instead of referring to homosexual people, you make it something abstract and not real. It's like saying you don't believe in gay people, though we clearly exist. Because that's what it comes down to, is people. Hating homosexuality as though it doesn't involve real lives is convenient, but weak. It's easier to say you hate homosexuality than to say you hate gay people. There is no reason not to grant gay people equal rights. Gay people have existed as long as there have been people, we have contributed to world history and culture, and anarchy has not engulfed all the countries that do have gay rights legislation.
                            People don't want prayer in schools because it is forcing a religious belief onto kids. But no one is saying you shouldn't pray if you want to. It works both ways, not just in favor of your personal preferences.

Which reminds me, if something that's a matter of choice should not be legally recognized, I guess that's it for religion too. You can choose your religion and marital status... should it be okay to take certain of those rights away?

"I Know My Opinion Can Be Very Narrow-minded At Time But They Are Mine And Its My God Given Right To Share Them As I Please." If you are aware you are narrow minded, why stay that way? Voice your opinion after you have all the facts, not before. Try to get the larger perspective before you say things on behalf of all Christians against all gay folks everywhere. I've lived in your shoes, trying to be straight and going to church and all. These were masks I wore, but even now I am not going around telling straight folks how evil they are. Maybe if you tried harder to really understand gay people, you would be less judgemental and maybe open up your world a bit more.

"Oneironaut, Not All Gays Are Idealistic Like You, And Not All Believe In A World Were Men Will Be Men And Gays Will Be Gays" Again, your logic here is puzzling. What do you mean "men will be men, and gays willbe gays"? It implies either that you think there's some correlation between being gay and being a man, though by definition gays are men. Or it means that you don't believe in a world where we live peacefully but seperately. Unfortunate because it's not just "idealistic gays" who know that gays and straights can live together... It's also more and more straight folks, parents, churches and friends of gays who see that there is no reason to divide.

"Mark My Word, This Is Just The Beginning. They Will Next Be Asking For Their On State And Then Their Own Country."

Are you listening to anything being said? When have we asked for our own state? What makes you say that? Never in history have gay people ever had or wanted their own country. You say things like that to strike terror in the hearts of the ignorant, a dirty trick, but fortunately one people can see through. All gay people want is to live together... equally. To continue to live with our families, work at our jobs, love freely, serve our country, and be a part of the fabric of American life as we have always done... now we just want to be able to do these things without fear.

Things have not always been the way they are now. In most cultures thoughout time, gay people have been recognized and included in some way. Gay unions have existed before as a legality, and even in Pre-Modern Europe where the church performed ceremonies similar to those of opposite sex marriages.

You remind me of people who said that interracial couples were morally abominable.

When Will This Fleecing Of America's Christian Heart Stop.

Maybe when you stop speaking in bumper sticker slogans and really think about the lives involved. Then you'd realize that there aren't just Christians in the world, and might even be surprised to find many Christians who have no problem with sexual identity.

Comment

THANK YOU FOR PUTTING ALL YOUR FEELING OUT AND ATTACKING EVERY WORD THAT I SPOKE. WELL I SEE HOW THE SHOE IS SWITCHING PLACES WITHIN YOUR LOGIC WHEN IT APPLIES TO YOU AND NOT ME.

WE ALL KNOW THAT THE FIRST SETTLERS WERE ALL CHRISTIANS AND THERE IS NO DOUBT ABOUT IT. DID ANY FREE SPIRIT FOLKS (GAYS) LAND ON PLYMOTH ROCK?TO ANSWER THAT QUESTION, NO. THEY WOULD HAVE BEEN BURNT AT THE STAKE IF THEY WOULD OF BEEN AS FREE AS THEY ARE TODAY OR DURING OTHER TIMES IN HISTORY.

"Gay people have existed as long as there have been people, we have contributed to world history and culture" DID GAYS HELP FORM THIS COUNTRY? NO. THE FOR FATHER DID NOT EVEN ACCEPT BLACK PEOPLE AND YOU THINK GAYS WOULD OF BEEN WELCOME. THE ONLY THING THEY HAVE DONE FOR HISTORY IS POLLUTE IT WITH THEIR ABOMINABLE ACTS.

THE ONLY REASON WHY THE PHRASE "One nation under God" IS ONLY MENTION IS BECAUSE OUR FOR-FATHER DID NOT WANT TO FOLLOW IN THE FOOTSTEPS OF THEIR EUROPEAN COUNTERPARTS. THEY WANTED TO SEPERAT CHURCH AND STATES. Oneironaut , YOU NEED TO PRACTICE WHAT YOU PREACH BEACUSE YOU ARE NOT LOOKING AT ALL THE FACT ONLY THOSE THAT HELPS YOU GET YOUR POINT ACCROSS.

"anarchy has not engulfed all the countries that do have gay rights legislation." THE LAST REPUBLIC TO ALLOW GAY'S TO (ROME) FREELY FELL AND IS NO LONGER WITH US. I WILL NOT PUT THE BLAIME ON GAYS ONLY BECAUSE THERE WERE OTHER REASON WHY THE ROMAN REPUBLIC FELL BUT YOU CAN FIND HOMESEXUALITY IN THE MIX. TO ALL FALLEN CIVILIZATION, EMPIRES, CITIES, AND PEOPLE HOMESEXUALITY HAS BEEN ONE OF THE REASON THEY HAVE FALLEN.

YOU HAVE SOME VERY GOOD POINT AND I DO RESPECT THEM BUT I WILL NEVER ALLOW THIS SORT OF THINKING TO INFLUENCE ME IN ANYWAY. "AS FOR ME AND MY HOUSEHOLD WE SHALL SERVE HE LORD" WAS SAID BY JOSHUA WHEN THE REST OF ISRAEL FORGOT GOD AND FELL TO TEMPTAION AND OTHER ACTS.
                              Last edited by phoenix1820; 08-14-2003, 7:35 AM.

Comment

WE ALL KNOW THAT THE FIRST SETTLERS WERE ALL CHRISTIANS... Yes, but the people who were here for centuries before them were not. When they wouldn't do what the white man wanted, they were pretty much decimated. Another group of people diminished in the name of religion.

DID ANY FREE SPIRIT FOLKS (GAYS) LAND ON PLYMOTH ROCK?TO ANSWER THAT QUESTION, NO... How do you know this? There is invariably at least one gay person in a population, no matter how well they hide it. Unless you can read the minds of each early settler, you can't know for sure, though it's more than possible that some of them were gay on some level. Remember, sexuality is much more fluid than just gay and straight. Our ideas about homosexuality would seem oddly strict and simple to them.

DID GAYS HELP FORM THIS COUNTRY? NO. THE FOR FATHER DID NOT EVEN ACCEPT BLACK PEOPLE. What, are you a racist too? And of course gays have played important roles in our history. Just because their sexuality isn't mentioned (why should it have been?) and just because you expect gay folks to act or look a certain way doesn't mean that they weren't there. There has been evidence that George Washington himself had same-sex dalliances.

THE ONLY REASON WHY THE PHRASE "One nation under God" IS ONLY MENTION IS BECAUSE OUR FOR-FATHER DID NOT WANT TO FOLLOW IN THE FOOTSTEPS OF THEIR EUROPEAN COUNTERPARTS. THEY WANTED TO SEPERAT CHURCH AND STATES. Oneironaut , YOU NEED TO PRACTICE WHAT YOU PREACH BEACUSE YOU ARE NOT LOOKING AT ALL THE FACT ONLY THOSE THAT HELPS YOU GET YOUR POINT ACCROSS. Actually, this is exactly what I said... that they did not want to follow in the footsteps of their oppressors and mandated a seperation of church and state so that the religion would be kept out of governing people. In other words, they knew that being forced to believe in one religion was wrong, and wanted to make sure that religious beliefs would not be forced onto anyone again. Our symbolism reflects Masonic ideals of truth and liberty, and is not an endorsement of any single god. And I heartily agree with that.

THE LAST REPUBLIC TO ALLOW GAY'S TO (ROME) FREELY FELL AND IS NO LONGER WITH US. Nowhere has it been written that homosexuality "caused" the destruction of a whole society. And there were cultures before Rome which accepted homosexuality and endured. Rome fell because of corruption and greed for expansion. But I was referring to modern nations like Canada, Sweden, Germany and others who have established superior forms of gay equality. We are one of the last major developed countries which has not kept up. Gays have also been serving legally in their armies for years now with no negative repercussions. We haven't even gotten that far even though without gay men, there'd practically be no navy.

Y"AS FOR ME AND MY HOUSEHOLD WE SHALL SERVE HE LORD" WAS SAID BY JOSHUA WHEN THE REST OF ISRAEL FORGOT GOD AND FELL TO TEMPTAION AND OTHER ACTS. Once again, that's nice, but my entire point is that religion is quite meaningless when it comes to issues of legislation and social liberty. And that's what I'm talking about here.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X